With Friends of Candelaria Nature Preserve, people can
• volunteer for specific projects;
• help to build strong, collaborative relationships with other interested groups at local, statewide and national levels;
• help to secure and manage funding for projects that align with the Resource Management Plan and comply with Land and Water Conservation Fund policies;
• provide educational experiences and materials for visitors to the Preserve; and
• help to monitor implementation of the Resource Management Plan.
Guided Public Information Tour
The City of Albuquerque’s Open Space Division offers a free guided public information tour on the last Friday of every month, 10:00 am to Noon. The tour begins at the entry gate located at the west end of Arbor Road.
Tax-deductible donations can be made to the Friends of Candelaria Nature Preserve through the Rio Grande Community Farm using PayPal or a check to Rio Grande Community Farm with a cover note or indication on the check that it is for Friends of CNP.
The Friends of the Candelaria Nature Preserve work in Collaboration with:
- Rio Grande Community Farm
- ABQ Backyard Refuge Program
- Rio Grande Return
- City of Albuquerque, Open Space Division
- Ciudad Soil and Water Conservation District
Ciudad Soil and Water Conservation District is the contractor with City Open Space that oversees management and restoration work at the Candelaria Nature Preserve.